City of Sherman - Recreation Specialist - Aquatics
City of Sherman- Recreation Specialist- Aquatics
• Assist in the planning, promotion, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of assigned aquatics and recreation activities.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors, community leaders, and the general public.
• Promote and monitor water safety rules, regulations, and initiatives to maintain a safe environment for pool patrons and staff.
• Plan, train and assign duties and direct activities of pool staff.
• Operates preventative maintenance on pool equipment and splash pad.
• Maintain accurate records and report on inventory, attendance, maintenance, revenue, and expenditures.
• Plan and assist in budget preparation for the swimming pool.
• Teach, coordinate, and implement a variety of courses based on individual abilities and the needs of the community.
• Assist in the operation of the Sherman Parks and Recreation Department, including registration, equipment check-out, supervising rentals, and basic maintenance.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of pool safety rules and mechanical operation of pool equipment.
• Considerable knowledge of recreation philosophy, planning, and administration.
• Considerable knowledge of the equipment, facilities, operations, and techniques used in a comprehensive recreation program.
• Certified Pool Operator preferred.
• American Red Cross Certified Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR preferred
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI) preferred or ability to obtain in 6 months.
• Food Managers License preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to operate Microsoft computer applications and other basic office equipment.
• Valid Texas Class C Driver’s License.
Salary $16.15/ hr. DOQ
Please contact Dylan Johnson, Recreation Coordinator with any questions at (903) 892- 7221 or by email at email@example.com
Forney ISD - Assistant Swim Coach & Teacher
For more information, please contact Jason.Thompson@edu.ForneyISD.net